Friday, January 1, 2016

Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant- kind of sums up 2015-on with 2016



Ain't that the truth~ I was reading through my New Year's Eve post from last year, which indicated what a challenging year 2014 was, with hope for a more promising 2015. I would say although there were many ups and downs, overall 2015 was significantly better than 2014. In 2015 I got stronger and although I still have quite a way to go, I'm getting there. 

In 2015 my "old self" began to emerge. I smiled and laughed more and although things were stressful at times, I took a huge leap off the crazy roller coaster ride i'd been on for several years.

In 2015 I slept through the night, stayed true to myself and depended much less on the approval of others as a measure of my self worth.

2015 certainly wasn't perfect. In fact in was damned rock coming in and going out. 

Just before Christmas my Father was diagnosed with Cancer. We are still not sure of the course of treatment, but should have more news in the next couple of weeks as to what he will have to endure in the coming months. My prayer is that we get the best possible outcome and that he doesn't have to suffer with pain. We made the most of our Christmas and will make the most of each day that we can enjoy with him. My Dad has quite a sense of humour and is doing a good job of utilizing that as a coping mechanism, thus I felt it was appropriate to share this card with you.



He is definately feeling like the hydrant right at the moment!!! I actually made this card for Ken, our newspaper guy! He is not just you average newspaper guy though. Along with the paper he would put a couple of dog biscuits in the mailbox for Sydney. Syd would drag someone out to the mailbox every morning to see if her treats were there yet! Sometimes with some help from her Momma, Syd would leave a treat for Ken to take home and share with his wife or leave him a card!

Sadly, a couple of weeks before Christmas when he was headed out in the wee hours of the morning, Ken's car was hit head on by a drunk driver. He still remains in the hospital with his leg broken in a couple of places and several broken ribs. He's had a couple of strokes while in the Hospital. I can only pray that he has a speedy recovery. I'm not sure if he'll be back on the route, but what matters is that he recover as best as possible. My wish is that Ken get healthy in 2016

In 2016 I'm going to.............

Read more, eat les
Breathe more deeply, allow myself to carry a lighter load

Love those that are dear to me, ignore those that bring me down

Remember that I reap what I sow, so I need to be mindful to sow an abundant crop!


Wishing you all much love, good health and happiness in 2016

--Vicki~~

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Vicki. I've been praying for your dad and sending good thoughts your way. I wish you all the best for 2016 and hope that we get to see each other a bit more this year!
    Love you bunches
    Jax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****