Sunday, December 13, 2015

Challenge Chicks- Ice Ice Baby


Hello! long time no see! Been working on some release cards for IO stamps and of course doing Christmas Prep!!!! This month’s challenge is from Lydia – “Ice, Ice baby”.  Represent ice with a CLEAR element on your card – embossing powder, glaze, acetate, etc.
We’ll be posting a new challenge every month. We hope you can join us! No stress, no deadlines… just have fun! Please play along with us! The Challenge Chicks are on Facebook! Come “Like us” HERE and link your projects! If you are linking to an online gallery use the Keyword CHXDEC15. 


I really too the CLEAR Element to heart and rather than making a card, I whipped up a couple of Christmas Ornaments using my IO Die cuts and Clear Plastic Christmas  Balls.

I first saw the idea for the Christmas Ornament on Papertrey Ink however I knew that I could make my own with my existing Dies




The Dies I used for this project include


I also used Spellbinders Circle and Scalloped Circle Dies.
I used a small hole punch in the Sky coloured Layer to emulate Snowflakes



Here's another...... I love the Chubby Little Penguin and all the glitter

The Dies I used Here are

In addition, I used Spellbinders Scalloped Circle and Circle dies
and this pretty Doily Die from Prima Marketing


Hope you enjoyed my Ice Ice Baby Projects!

Happy Stamping!


6 comments:

  1. I love this! I've been planning to make one - yours is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, Vicki! These ornaments are a true delight! Love the wintery colors. And high fives on your obvious patience in creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all three of these ornaments are delightful and beautiful. to add sparkle to the Christmas tree..well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you use for the dome. I didn't see it in the description. Your ornaments turned out sensational

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too like the PTI dome idea with paper crafting.... SUPER IDEA to create YOUR OWN SCENE!!! I LOOOOOVE them BOTH!!!! LOL The first for the winter scene with the deer....we LOVE wildlife. AND the second, because it's SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!! ;) SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****