Sunday, February 8, 2015

Don't stop 'til you get enough-Documented Life Project



Since I've been housebound this weekend, I spent some time playing in my Art Journal

I have been trying to keep up with the Documented Life Project Assignments

This wonderful group of Artists, share a Journal Prompt each Saturday, which gives you a technique as well as a journal prompt.

This week it was to create layers in your journal

I created oodles and oodles of layers

First I sprayed my pages with with Prima Bloom Spray in Glistening Waves

I then took a Dylusions Stencil and sprayed over in Bubblegum Pink (If you look closely, you can see the floral pattern underneath. I then used some Gesso To create some resist here and there and to tone it down a bit, I wiped on some vintage photo distress stain to tone down the brightness of the page.

I tore some shapes from some old book paper that I had laying around.

I then took Some Magicals and painted around the papers to bring some shadow and depth.

I created a custom ink pad using Dylusions Sprays in Grape and Bubblegum and stamped on the background with the following images from impression Obsession

Rose Leaf stamped in Gold
Heart Hug- The lady stamp- Stamped in Black and paper pieced
Splatter 1 (stamped in white acrylic paint)
Sketchy Chevron Border (stamped in Black)

The page was a little dark at that point, so I added some white paint dots and highlights

The sentiment reads:

The more you love your decisions, the less you need others' to love them

Happy Stamping!

--Vicki~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****