Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Jactopia : exploring a new Medium!


This past weekend was amazing! I love the times with my London Girls (and Laura Boo of Course!)

Sadly, Jen is missing from the picture, as she had to steal away on Saturday night!!!!

I had a wonderful time and my two lovely friends Laura and Jax gifted me with a cold!!!!
Thanks Girls!!!!

Sooo I've been experimenting with Pan Pastels.

I had used them a bit in my Letter Love Journal, but wanted to do a little more

Sooooo I signed up for an online course with Jamie Dougherty Designs
You can find it HERE





This was the portrait that I completed under her tutelage! 

I was quite impressed with the Pastels and decided this weekend to play a little more

It was a toss up between attempting a Portrait of Sweet Sydney or of Mr. Kittybites

If you follow my blog, you've seen photographs of both!

Here is my version of the likeness of Mr. KB!!!



I'm quite happy with the way he turned out and am going to attempt a portait of Miss Syndey next!!!!

I have a long way to go to develop my skills but think I didn't do too badly for a Pan Pastel Virgin!

To my Grade Seven Teacher who suggested that I veer away from art , you were terribly amiss with your comment! I'm glad I didn't take your advice!!!!

Have a lovely day,


Vicki

1 comment:

  1. wow, both of these are awesome! I just love the shades of colors on that first one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****