Saturday, July 9, 2011

C4C95- Summer themed card


I must apologize for being late with my creation. The week just completely got away on me and I didn't have any spare time until this morning to complete my card. This week, our amazing Cindy has Challenged us to create a summer themed card...........when I see all the bright cheery cards on the C4C Challenge blog, I'm thinking that perhaps my card isn't so summery with it's earthy tones, but what I was thinking was having my flower imitate a Sunflower.......... So it's as summery as I'm going to get on this sweet balmy day!




As you can see, I've made the Flower the main focus of my card. For Stamps I used the Cover a Card Damask Stamp to create the border along the bottom of my card.  I then used my heart lace nestie to create a base to ground these sweet Love Note Hearts. The sentiment is a rub on from SU , punched with the word tag punch. I added some kraft leaves fashioned from my sizzix die and gave then as well as the lace heart circle some dimension with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  Flowers are from Prima~

I'm also entering my card in the Impression Obsession Well hello there Challenge pop on over and see what's happening there and be sure to hit the links on my sidebar to see what my sweet crazies have been up to


Shop the latest HOT PRODUCTS at Two Peas in a Bucket.
Featured Supplies



6 comments:

  1. You have created a really lovely card with that beautiful unusual flower! Love the hearts, the CAC, and the edge along the bottom too, Vicki! Thank you for playing and good luck in the drawing too, Vicki!!! Hope your weekend is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flower my friend! Love those bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh girl, your card is fabulous...Love the big flowers..BIG hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is fabulous.....all the rich, warm vibrancy of freshly bloomed flowers....fabbo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****