Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Impression Obsession Challenge-My Favourite Things


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad


Impression Obsession has a very fun challenge on this week! It's to create a card with the Theme of My Favourite Things. I have to tell you that I love this song. When I was expecting, I sang this song to my babies........

Snowmen are absolutely one of my favourite things.... I have an immense collection of the sweet fellows that I put up just before Christmas and leave until Spring. In fact it's hard to take them down.....I would have them in the house all year long if it was up to me, but my son is like TAKE THEM DOWN ALREADY, It's JULY Mom...lol......so this stamp, A STAR IS BORN totally appeals to me, along with the wonderful assortment of snowman stamps that you can find over at Impression Obsession!

I coloured my image with a light application of Copic Marker and Sponged around with SU Cool Caribbean Ink. White Gel Pen assisted in adding a wee flurry! The DP is from MME Winter Collecton...........so pretty!

Be sure to head on over to the IO Blog to play along with the challenge. One Random Player will receive a gift certificate for $25.00 You have until November 19th to submit your challenge card!




4 comments:

  1. OOO it turned out great! I saw the colouring in the early stages, but it looks awesome all completed. It goes awesome with that paper! Good thing your BFF dragged you to Michael's to get it huh!!!! haha - I think you already had it before I got there!
    Luv ya
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that image is just adorable!! I love your coloring too!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Card! Great job coloring, I love the color of the hat and scarf. The holly leaf is a nice touch! I love this stamp but do not have it yet. Good luck with the challenge.

    Best wishes!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card...love your colouring and design....PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****