Wednesday, March 17, 2010

OCL Spotlight of the week-Back to Nature


Over on the Our Craft Lounge Blog, they're all about nature this week! In keeping with the Nature Theme, I decided to create this small easel card using the Dandy Days Deeply Etched Rubber Stamps! Dandelions are SO pretty.......... I know, they can be a nuisance, but when in full bloom, the yellow is so sunny and vibrant and while they are spreading their hearty seeds, they still remain pretty and of course evoke sweet childhood memories of blowing the pips into the wind hoping that each wish sent of with a wee puff of breath, would be granted.



I used a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers for guidance. This pretty K&Co paper matched the blue bayou paper fabulously. I also used Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Jumbo Lattice Punch, stitched grosgrain, sponges and stickles to give the Dandelion a little extra oomph!

Hope you enjoyed my project today! Please be sure to head over to the Lounge to see the beautiful projects!

Happy Stamping,





8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, another stamp set I really like ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Vicki! I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, as always, love the blues and sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous way to highlight this new set! Lovin' the embossing, Chicka! (Well, not as much as I luv you, but close!) (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo this is very pretty. I have yet to make an easel card, can ya believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Vicki! Your card is gorgeous! Very elegant! I love the pretty lattice border and the pretty colors of your card. I've never tried the easel card. .. you did a fab job. .I do have to try it one day!!!Thanks for the inspiration!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this beautiful card and the gorgeous color scheme Vicki!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****