Tuesday, August 25, 2009

With Sympathy


I always find Sympathy cards tough to make.....I know, I've said it before and it's true. I just want to make sure that the card conveys a caring look and message. It's too bad that cards aren't just for Happy Occasions, but maybe a hand stamped card in this case really shows your regard for the receiver.


I made this card for a dear friend of my Mother, who lost a loved one. I hope it brings her comfort at this sad sad time.


This is pretty much a clean and simple design. Image is from Stampin' Up! Colour combo includes Almost Amethyst and White. I used a Quick Cutz embossing template to add a little dimension to the back ground. I cut a Nestablilities Scalloped Square in Half to use as a base for the Sentiment, which is also from Stamping up. The Ribbon and the decorated stick pin are from the Pretties kit from SU!
Still practicing with my Prism Pencils, I added a wee bit of Stickles here and there to highlight the flowers and butterfly.
I've been working on release projects, so my blog posts have been scarce as of late.
See you soon with something new!!!!
*****Vicki~~~~~

10 comments:

  1. Wow Vicki, this is beautiful! The family will certainly appreciate it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, this card totally conveys the carring thought!! Wonderfully done!!
    Hugs!!
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love the baubles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, your card is so elegant and with love! I am sure, the family will certainly appreciate it. Hugs and happy day! Silke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card Vicki!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki, your card is very elegant. Not to mention very beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OO it's very pretty. Give Mum big hugs for me.
    Jax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****