Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pretty Ava, the Garden Fairy


Well, I suppose Ava can be whatever Fairy that Strikes your fancy, but today she's a garden fairy! The image, Sitting Ava is a digital image from In Style Stamps
What's new is the sweet Shell Bench that acts as the perch for this Pretty Fairy Princess. It's kind of difficult to see in the picture, but I coloured the bench with Copics and painted over a thin coat of Lumiere to give it the pearlescent look of the inside of a Conch Shell. The digi bench image will be available this Friday!



I found the heart shaped notebook at the dollar store........now for the DP! The name of it is really irrelevent, cause I received it at a class at Creating Keepsakes University in Boston Mass about 5 or 6 years ago, so it's long gone! See.......packrat extraordinaire! I printed the sentiment on the computer.


Ava's coloured with Copics......if you're wondering how I get that subtle and soft blend, before applying colour, I put a good coat of colourless blender over the image and then start working in colour gradually. I love the chunky glitter on her wings!!! Because the Bench is pearlescent, I wanted to ensure that her wings had a different texture.


And here's my real garden fairy...........lol.........no in all seriousness, this picture would have been more appropriate on yesterday's post......but I just took it last evening. Mom was heading out to a Oriental themed party last night and asked me to do her hair. Jonathon commented that she looked so pretty and I dashed for my camera. Being very sunny, it was hard to capture her with fully opened eyes, but I love her laugh lines. I look at my mother, who is 69 an can only hope that I am blessed with her Beauty and elegance when I reach her age.
Have a great day!
ISS Blog Hop is up tomorrow!
*****Vicki~~~~~


8 comments:

  1. Your card is sooo darling, love the shape and that adorable image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Ava so darling. --Your Mom looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww adorable Vicki ... great pic of mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Vicki!! The card is just precious!! I love the colors in it!! And your mom looks like so much fun to be around...probably like you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki, this is just so cute!! Love the pretty notebook for her too. What a nice pic of your mom too, she looks so sweet.
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Vicki, your card is very sweet. I love the cute image! Your "gardenfairy" is so awesome! Hugs and happy day. Silke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card that little fairy is adorable! Give Sandy big hugs for me!!! Tell her that being a Geisha Girl becomes her!!! lol
    4 more sleeps!!!
    Luv ya
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so funny Vicki! Your mother is beautiful and I can tell you 69 is young because I am 66. LOLOLOL It's the body that deceives you. What's inside is as young and 30. Your card is just as pretty as always too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****