Saturday, April 11, 2009

You make me Happy! OCC Sketch Challenge


There are so many people that we encounter each and every day. Whether our interactions are superficial, friendly, business like or intimate, every person that we have contact with evokes a reaction of some kind or another.

Even though we own the way we feel, people can trigger different emotions within us. Our interactions can leave us content, frustrated, scratching our heads in confusion, estatic, joyous, apathetic or experiencing a whole range of other emotions, negative or positive.

It's those people that come into our life, whether briefly or for the long term that when you think of them, you smile that really stand out for me. Whether it's an act of kindness, a gestures, spending hours talking and laughing on the phone, seeing a nice comment on my blog,or the one that is your forever, its those moments and encounters that allow me to believe in faith in mankind, reduce my stress and just motivates me to forge forward on my living path.

So this card is for the one that makes me happy! It sounds singular, but is really not, but rather individualized so that it is personal, but pertains to more than one person and that person could very likely be you!

I used an adorable sketch contributed by this month's hostess Silke Ledlow over at OCC
Hop on over there to see her gorgeous card as well as the rest of the delicious creations from the OCC Design Team.

The image is from the Lily and Billy Sweet Pea collection, the Designer Paper, Debbie Mumm from creative imaginations. I used artichoke as the card base and a Stampin' Up! Rubon for the sentiment.

Enjoy your Saturday !!!

*****Vicki~~~~~

20 comments:

  1. Vicki, that is one adorable cutie patootie little dude there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki - if I would receive this card it would definitely make me happy and put a huge smile on my face - it's super adorable!!!

    Have a wonderufl Easter weekend!!! ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your Sweat Pea card Vicki ... adorable!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who could not smile at that cutie -- with her little belly button and all! I LOVE that Chocolate ribbon -- Heaven on a spool!
    A wonderful bright and cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh look at that sweet baby, super job Miss Vicki. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your blog. You really should write a book or songs or something cause you have such a way with words. That card is so cute!!! If I'm not mistaken.....isn't that the paper you got when you were at my house??? I think I got some too....but have I used it yet.....OF COURSE NOT!!!! It's just added to my piles and piles and piles of paper!!!!!!
    Love you
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my... I can't think of anyone who would not be overjoyed to get this card. Beautiful card, so sweet! And...beautiful blog entry. You sound like an amazing and caring person. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well said Vicki!! Thanks for making me smile each week! You are such a sweetheart and I am SO honored to call you my friend!

    Your card is SO sweet, LOVE the darling layout and the personal touch you always put in your cards!

    LOTS of hugs & a Happy Easter!
    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this! That image is absolutely adorable! Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card art is gorgeous! Beautifully created.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicki,

    I do not think you have ever done a project that I have not totally fallen in love with!!! This is so cute and the coloring is drop dead amazing and the layout and papers are so pretty!!!

    I am finally trying to steal a few minutes to catch back up on all my favorite blogs as I have not had any time to visit and comment lately!!!

    Wonderful Card Vicki!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwwwh, this card is so adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Rocker Chick! Glad to see you blogging. Where did you go? I must have missed something. Very profound statement and so true too!! I've been lucky that I've been surrounded by very positive people. . or it could be that I avoid people who gives me negative feelings. I think indifference or apathy is the worst type of emotion . . well, actually the lack of it . . LOL!

    Well, your card definitely makes me happy. . .Sweet Pea is definitely a cutie, I can't help but smile. Beautiful job on your coloring . . thank you for sharing it with us!!

    Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fantastic card Vicki! Adorable! I hope you are having a fabulous Easter weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card and you have a way with words!! I hope you are having a wonderful easter weekend with loved ones!!

    xxx
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous happy card Vicki and your colouring is beautiful, I hope your having a great bank holiday weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Vicki this is amazing!!! Seriously!! I mean drop dead gorgeous!!! I can't get over the gorgeous colors and amazing coloring!! So beautiful! But the layout is awesome and that bow! Seriously I am drooling!!!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now this is just a gorgeous cutie!! I love the fun yellow colors and that ribbon is so darn yummy!! I hope you had a wonderful Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is great, Vicki! What a funny image!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****