Sunday, January 18, 2009

Featured Stamper Sunday!

Another Lazy Sunday and REALLY it shouldn't be! I have SO much to do before I go to CHA, but I couldn't resist playing the Featured Stamper Challenge over at Splitcoast. Today's stamper is Lori Craig, aka Stamp_Momma I have had the opportunity to meet Lori and she is a lovely lady and her Gallery is just gorgeous. Hop on over and have a peek if you have some time and want to whet your appetite for creativity.





I was inspired by many of the cards in Lori's Gallery, but particularly attracted to this one
As you know, I have been fiddling with my sewing machine lately and I am LOVING it. So this was just another opportunity for me to practice my stitches!!!!!

I used BG Blush DP as my foundation for the Card, along with Prism and SU cardstock. Martha Stewart Border punches added a little interest. I also used Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip ink to distress everything! I wanted a dirty, vintagy look, so I pulled out my air arttool from SU and splashed some black over the image after colouring and sponging it. Zipping on a little Dazzling Diamonds Glitter brought some Pizzaz back!!!




Here's a little close up of the image. I used the butterfly stamp that is an accessory in the Pat the Dog Stamp Set from Our Craft Lounge. He is such a cute little guy!!!! Hope you all enjoy your Sunday!!!! I am off to Cheer Jon on in a Bowling Tournament and then home to do some dreaded Laundry!!!!!!

See you soon!

*****Vicki*****

15 comments:

  1. The image is fabulous Vicki and coloured so beautifully, I love the way you have added vintage look, Gorgeous papers, layout and just love the punched edging, Hope your having a great Sunday, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable, I always love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing I thought when I saw this card was how much I loved the vintage feel to it!! Great job! and I love the coloring on the dog!!

    smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very vintage Vicky!! =) I love how it turned out! Your card is full of great techniques and color.
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is totally cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lazy Sunday is necessary now and then Vicki!! :) I got to spend my Sunday at my fave lss where they had an auction of scrappy supplies. I got to come home with a brand new QK Silhouette!!! So excited for that!

    Love your card by the way! Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny, I was just about to click on your blog when your comment on mine came in :). Love this card as well as the others I've missed since my last visit. And though I love the effect you created I would never have the guts to splash something on my image after I coloured it :). Love the glitter, love the little dog. Just gorgeous!!! (Lovely new picture on your blog by the way... you look completely different then in your other picture but I love them both!)

    xxx
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Wow Vicki,

    You know I am a person who reall does not like brown, but I love all your use of it on this card!!!! You did such a pretty card her and the sewing adds so much to it, and I love the shimmerz or glitter on the Heart too!!!

    Oh and Wow another great picture on the top too!!!! You are so creative Miss Vicki and I enjoy your blog and creations so much so glad I found you, Oh and I always look forward and love your comments on my creations you are tooo sweet and always make me smile!!!

    Janna and I were just talking on the phone yesterday and we were talking about going to CHA in July when it is open to the public. You will have to tell me more about what is there and how it works!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. First, the card is just really lovely and then looking at the cute adorable dog is just wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so darling...love it girl!
    SEE you at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh your card is so cute, Vicki!! I really love Pat the dog and you colored him so nicely!! The vintage look is so cool and I love the heart glitter!! Beautiful job!!

    maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so so cute Vicki!! I love this puppy with his glittery heart!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. heehee! this is so delightful it makes me grin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****