Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pink Cat Studio Challenge



Card challenges are always fun! Whether it be a colour, sketch or inspiration challenge, it's always really motivating to play the challenges and then to look at what all the players have come up with!!!

This challenge was posted over at Paper Craft Planet this weekend. CHECK IT OUT HERE
I must say that this is a challenge that even challenged the brain! Anyway, I am always up for a good challenge and really enjoyed the thought that had to be put into this one.




Stamps: L'il and Tweet
Paper: Craft, Ruby Red, Old Olive, Navy and White
Ink: Momento Black
Accesories: Rusty Pickle Buttons, Ribbon, Circle Punches, Copics, Word Window Punch.

I am really enjoying my Pink Cat Studio stamps!!! Here are a couple more cards that I have made:




I used masking and paper piecing technique on this one!




First I stamped the entire cat on the pillow image onto the white paper. I then stamped a second image onto a post it note and cut it out. I placed the sticky note over the image and then stamped the standing kitty in behind. I then stamped the bottom of the sitting cat image onto the Basic Grey Designer Paper and cut it out. I like to use my mini Xyron X box to apply my paper pieced elements. The sticky adhesive holds it in place well. Funny, I had the silly thing for about3 years before I ever used it!!!

Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Cat Plate 1
Paper: Not quite Navy, Pink Pirouette, White, Basic Grey DP
Ink: Momento Black
Accessories: Copics, Cuttlebug Swiss Dot, SU Pastels (for around the pupils of the eyes and rosy cheeks) white gel pen, Prima Flowers and SU! Metal Flowers.







Last, but not least. I used this Fun and Funky Paper from Prima Marketing. I have never really been a huge fan of Orange, but WOW!!! This paper had me from Hello........hehe.

I found that using a little brown tended to tone it down a wee bit. Picking up the secondary colours in the paper, I coloured the image to match. It was very bright and busy, so to relax the look of the card somewhat, I sponged in creamy caramel ink around the image. A little Ribbon and punched borders add to the whimsical look and I finished it off with a few matching primas!!!!

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday! I hope to complete my christmas decorating today!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I love Pink
    Cat Studio and what you have done with their stamps, rock on girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cards Vicki!! What an awesome idea to put 2 kitties together, you are the first person to do that, FAB idea!! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT cards gf! Your coloring is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable cards! Merry stampin'! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I adore Pink Cat and love what you've done with those sweet cats! And I love Lily's boa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards!
    Love the 2 cats together..Very brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! The first one might be my fave - such a fabulous image, coloring, and love the colors against the kraft!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****