Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pretty Pearls




Today's challenge on SCS was to use Pearls!! Well this is JUST up my alley.............I have been a little pearl happy lately. I purchased these premade boxes and purses from K&Co. recently and it came with a huge container of half pearls! They are SO pretty!

How do you like Baby Cakes?? Isn't she a sweetie. She is another image from the Penney/Torrente collection over at Stampotique Originals I just love her sassy attitude.

And the sentiment, well it just kills me. My best friend Jax and her sister use this expression all the time, so when I saw it, I just had to have Carol send it to me.




I used Prism Twilight light as my base colour for the card, with accents of Black.......... Cuttlebug, Copics and I dusted off some Magic Mesh, which kicked it up for some edgy elegance and of course just a few K&CO. Pearls.........some SU dazzling Diamonds Glitter and Nesties die cuts!!!









Merry Fairy is also from the same collection. I had her coloured for a little while.
















I edged all the borders of her wings with Silver Glitter. In real life, she is much more sparkly. I just used a fine glue pen to apply the adhesive just to the border and glittered it in small sections

I coloured her with Copic Markers.........of course

The sentiment is also from Stampotique. I used some pearly paper that I purchased while on a visit with Kristi in Detroit, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name.

A little Organdy Ribbon adds to the whimsical look and of course Pearls for the challenge!!!!!

Have a lovely day and remember to be that angel for your friend when they need to rest their wings.............

5 comments:

  1. These are BEAUTIFUL, Vicki!! The sentiment on that first one is the bomb and the wings on that second image - OMG - just STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Image of course!!! One of my favorites and the sentiment just cracks me up. I love those off the beaten path sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwaaahahahahahhaha!
    I love your sense of humor ... I love your style ... and I love your pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thees two card are so prety and elegant. They both have great color schemes and the bling is great too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****