Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cape Cod-Pure Bliss


Wow!!! Can you say little piece of Heaven?? I was blessed to attend an SSUS retreat at the home of Marilyn SanClemente over the long weekend.

What a fabulous time!!! I was able to put faces to the names of some of the great women with whom I had corresponded over the last few years.

Spending time with creative people sure can get your stamping mojo in the groove. I managed to get four sets of class projects completed as well as 5 card challenges for the group and a couple of assorted cards. I also don't think I have laughed so much in a long time. I know that new friendships were formed this weekend and I met a group of wonderful women, who I will soon not forget.


I flew into Boston via Syracuse on Thursday night. Being the Crazy Cat that I am, I was happy to have to change planes..........that meant two take offs and two landings.........my favourite part of flying!!!! I spent the evening in Boston with Marilyn and the ever famous Rose Kerry, before heading to the Cape on Friday. All of the girls arrived shortly after we did and then the fun began..............for those of you who know me, you would probably be surprised to hear that I was sort of quiet for the first little while, but that was short lived and before I knew it, I was striking up conversation with the rest of the girls.............I think most of them said "eh" once or twice before the weekend was over.............a little "Canadian" wearing off on them........lol. With Rose taking on the Role of house Chef, and nibbles (well, nibbles is an understatement really) of Lynn's Eclair Cake and Karen's Scrumptious Turtle Brownies, we needed those long walks on the Beautiful Beach!!!!!






I made this card with one of my new stamps that I purchased at a Scrapbook Store in Boston. The DP is from Cosmo Cricket, the Stamp from Stampendous. This card is for you Chi Chi!!!!!!!


















This was one of the two cards that I designed for our Swap















This is the second one......................


Oh and I heard that none of you could read my last post...............I am all about changing that now.

Stay tuned for more pics and samples from Cape Cod!



Oh and if you are reading this Marilyn, did you happen to run into Plymouth Rick????

9 comments:

  1. The pictures are beautiful Vicki, thanks for sharing. I LOVE the fun cards too, cant' designs and colors. Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki! I spotted your cowboy card on the group site and wanted to get a closer look. It is gorgeous!! Is it just pattern paper and stamped in black or did you do something else? Obviously I'm going to have to copy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great swap cards--glad you had a great trip--looks like your groove is on! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great swap cards--glad you had a great trip--looks like your groove is on! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Vicki! That looks so beautiful. I bet it was so much fun! Great cards, too. Love that monkey one! Check my blog post today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh..what a fun trip you must of had. To meet some friends, eat, create and see the Cape. I spent my summers in the Cape as a kid and I so long to go back. Thanks for posting these pics..>I have been missing my brother and these photos are the best. I want to go too next time...eh? I can make a good cheescake LOL>
    Wonderful cards.
    Bela (from Ontario Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that rocket card. Great work...as always Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards and good fun. Love your beach pictures. Was I sleeping when you and Marilyn saw Plymouth Rick?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki,

    I'm an Aussie Card Maker who is very excited about a trip to Cape Cod in June this year.
    I was wondering if you could recommend any good craft shops for me to visit to buy some special American stamping products to bring home. Your pics look so nice and your cards are gorgeous! I'm so excited about our trip!

    Thanks
    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****