Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away!!!!!


We have had two dreary days now and I am sure that these gray days can take their toll on ones mood.

I have been meeting my neighbour for a brisk walk at 6 a.m. each morning, so I usually get up around 5:45. The last two mornings, my alarm has not went off and I have awakened at precisely 6:02 (a grand way to get your heart rate up in record time!!!). What is very unusual is that last night I specifically checked my alarm clock to ensure that all was working and that the volume setting on the radio that at the minimal when activated should have caught the attention of EVERYONE in the house (giggle!). Lo and behold, when I opened my heavy eyelids this morning, the clock reads 6:02. Leaping from my bed in a single bound, I dashed to the back door to check the weather. Initially I breathed a big sigh of relief to see the rain this morning, but as I am sitting here composing this post, I am realizing how much more energy I would have if was a sunny day and I had already been "working it" for an hour. Now, I KNOW I checked that alarm last night.......hmmm makes me wonder why the volume was turned right down the last two days. Is it that my DS is hoping that I'll sleep the morning away so that he can have a day off, or is it particularly sensitive to not disturbing it's owners on a rainy day???

Whatcha think of my little pirate????? I resisted this set (SU! Ahoy Matey) for the Longest time, but after seeing so many fabulous samples, I could resist no more!!!!!

I made this card using Apricot, Turquoise, Green Galore and Real Red Cardstock (a slight modification from the SCS colour challenge yesterday as evidently I missed the "rose" in front of the red!). The image was stamped on whisper white, coloured in with the Stampin' Write markers and the borders was doodled in. I then sponged over the image with apricot. Using the "gear" stamp from it's about time, I created the Ships Wheel. I did a little caramel sponging to the green band to tone it down a bit and added texture with the cheesecloth background stamp. I think I will have a lot of fun with this set!

8 comments:

  1. This is super...the image is so well colored and the whole composition has lots of cool details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cute. This would make any dreary day fun. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little pirate. So far I have resisted buying him too, but it is getting harder and harder. I love your card. It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is cute! Your card is adorable and I've thought so many times about getting this set and the map wheel. You know, I just love to get up on a rainy Saturday morning and go straight to my stamp room. I just can't sit in there when it's sunny out, so not much stamping gets done on those days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found pirate paper this weekend at the LSS and pirate stickers at Micheals for a dollar from me and my big ideas and they even have sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little pirate! I too resisted him and then broke down! He is darling!

    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...that looks amazing! I love the layout and how rich everything looks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your coloring! This is what I'm aiming for. Thank you for your sweet comment on the bee card. I will definitely be checking back to your blog for ideas! Thanks for sharing!
    Christie
    http://christies-creations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****