Thursday, April 12, 2007

"B" is for Beate!





If you have never visited Beate's Blog
you really must do so!! Beate designs many of the Tutorials on Splitcoaststampers and has been an inspiration to kazillions of stampers!!!! You will definately be impressed with her wonderful artwork!!!

I created this card for Beate's Birthday. The B is stamped with Pretty in Pink and Burgundy, on the White Cardstock using the Faux Shaving Cream Technique.

To do this Technique, you need to have a good size solid stamp. Ink the stamp in a light colour of ink. Then you can take a line image stamp or wheel and ink it up with a darker colour. Roll or Stamp the darker images onto the pre inked solid stamp, giving a little twist and swoosh of your wrist as you are doing this. Then you will stamp the image onto cardstock. Try experimenting with one or two additional colours!! This is a quick technique that leaves no mess!!

Not clear as mud???? Leave me a comment and I'll try to give directions with more clarity.

The leaves on this card were created with the small oval punch. I kind of folded and played with the paper until I achieved the shapes that I desired and then went direct to paper with the artichoke ink pad. The Flower was also created with the small oval punch and complimentary inks applied with a sponge. I freehanded the stem and also inked the edges for additional dimension.


Here are some additional samples of the Faux Shaving Cream Technique:


3 comments:

  1. Well, for Heaven's sake! would you just look at all the wonderful things going on here!!! The Cuttlebug background, faux shaving cream monogram, stitched flower and...those leaves! Oh! You did an amazing job! You're blowing me away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...terrific...I love this technique and it was perfect for this CC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo beautiful! I love this card! Thank you sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****