Friday, April 6, 2007

And Again! (Making up for lost time!!!)



Isn't the revival of Die Cuts Amazing? With the introduction of the Cricut and Cuttlebug amongst many other Home Die cutting machines, comes a new and wonderful way to bring versatility to Paper crafting. I remember several years ago, when paper piecing (do those little "people" dolls ring a bell?) was very popular on scrapbook layouts. You used to be able to purchase die cuts in the craft and scrapbook stores, but they were usually fairly one dimensional looking and in my opinion, lacked interest and elegance. It's amazing how a little ink, some layering, piercing and faux stitching can add so much to the look of the die cut and as a result, give your piece so much dimension, with very little bulk.

This card was created with a SIZZIX baby carriage Die Cut. I used Once Upon a Time Papers (the Mat Stack at 4.5" x 6.5" is Perfect for cardmaking) by DCWV. I cut the carriage out once with the base pattern and repeated the other elements with scraps of the alternative papers. With Piercing, Sponging and creating scalloped edges, I was able to bring the Carriage to life (well, I think I did!). A Snip of Wide organdy in the basket of the carriage, creates an elegant blanket. The textile embossed background in ivory adds to the vintage feel for the card. The Once Upon a time Papers are Rich and Glittery and work really well when you are looking to create vintage or elegant cards.

3 comments:

  1. Well, hello! I've just discovered your blog and I'm so happy I did! This baby carriage card is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful colors and texture with the vintage feel I love. Just wonderful! I'm off to link you in my sidebar now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your carriage -- the paper you chose has such a soft touch.
    And the antiqued cuttlebug background is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding!!!! This is a keeper. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****