Monday, July 22, 2013

There's no place like home




This weekend, I was treated to the MOST AMAZING Production!

The Wizard of Oz

The show was beyond my expectations. The Visuals were incredible, the company wonderful and with new songs and some additional comedic lines, thoroughly enjoyable!!!



I created this Journal Page in honour of my wonderful weekend!!!

Using two of my favourite stamps from Stamping Bella

and

I used the Sponge and Spritz Technique to make the background!




Here we are in front of the Theater





The inside of the Theatre was Stunning!

Wizard of Oz has been a long time favourite Movie of mine

I clearly remember the feeling I experienced the first time that the door of the little farmhouse opened up into Munchkin Land. Ohhhh the visual experience of the Brilliant colours and that Yellow Brick Road.
I had to watch it year after year.

As I grew older, I grew to understand and appreciate the Themes in the Movie

It seems that we are always searching for those qualities that we think that are personally barren; courage, empathy, the ability to emote, intelligence. Often we seek to fulfill these desires externally, through others and sadly through materialistic means.

What shines through in the Wizard of Oz, is that we really don't lack these attributes. If you look deep within yourself they're there. Perhaps they need to be developed, but they are there.

The grass is not always greener on the other side, there really is No Place Like Home. It's not about the roof over your head, it's not about the comfort level of your bed. Home is a state of comfort, peace, love and trust. Keep looking within and you will truly find

There is No Place Like Home.


I'll leave you with a couple of shots from our walk home






and the Kick A** Socks that my Sweetheart Surprised with.




Don't they ROCK???


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****