Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Crabby Beach

So I'm home again today. Kind of feeling as if I've been run over by a truck.....plus I notice that in the last couple of days with not working out, I just don't feel right either...........hmmmm will my desire to exercise overtake my stamping addiction??? I hope so and I hope not too! 

Anyway, when Jonathon was at Footy practice last night, I took a quick gander over to Michaels and this card is a result of my finds! K&Co has a new release by a designer named Carolyn Gavin called Greenhouse. I couldn't resit the 8.5 square pad of bright, cheerful and whimsical DP along with an 8.5 pad of punch out flowers and ferns and birds. In addition, there were three matching EK success punches to coordinate with the line. Without having a coupon this week, I contained myself to just choosing the one that you see on the card, however I now have a coupon for next week and will go back for the daisy looking border punch!!! I am such a punch junkie! If you look to the left of the card, you can see the bright and cheerful designs of the DP!!!

Using today's sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers as inspiration to get started this morning...late this morning I must say. After getting Jonathon on the bus, I had to go back to bed for awhile! I created this card. The images are from Hanna Stamps to the beach set. I love when you can make cool cards just with the accessories in a set! I coloured the card with copics, sponging creamy caramel and cool caribbean into the sand and sky. To add a little more dimension to the sand I dotted with black and white gel pens. The Brads are from Queen and Co.

I am just loving this paper, so I'm sure you will see more of it in the next little while!

Hope you are all having a wonderful day and Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I do appreciate you taking the time to stop by!

I took a little Hopping Hiatus for a few weeks, but got back to it yesterday! It's so nice to see what you all are doing!

Happy Stamping!

*****Vicki~~~~~

12 comments:

  1. Hey Vicki. . .honestly, I wish I had a exercise addiction. I've been wanting to lose 20 lbs for years but I could never get myself to enjoy exercising. How do you get motivated? I really want to badly love exercising and I would gladly give up some of my card making time for exercising if I could only enjoy it. LOL!

    Your card is fantastic! I love the pretty colors and the image is adorable!! I actually feel crabby today so this card is perfect for me! LOL!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vicki!! Love your card!! Beautiful coloring and love crabs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you created this beach scene!! These are cute stamps too! Very pretty coloring!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable Vicki! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card--what a fantastic scene you have created....and good for you for taking the time to take care of yourself...I have to be better about that. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki, your card is sbeautiful. I love the cute paper and your coloring... Have a wonderful day... Big hugs and smiles from Silke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! Love this dp too!!! and...I have one of those punch addictions myself!! Cute card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin the paper!! Almost makes me want to rip my clothes on and put on a bikini....yeah I said ALMOST!!!
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Here's a big virtual ((((((( hug ))))))) for you.
    Love you
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Vicki, love the little scene you have created and the pretty colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talk about eye candy! This is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are feeling better! I adore this card and it certainly makes me feel better just looking at it! The bright and cheerful colors are so fun but your coloring and layout are amazing!!! Wow, they are stunning!! You have such a talent for creating so much depth in your artwork!!!

    I have to say Ihave been eyeing this paper and punch for a little while now and I think I might have to get it! LOL!@

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****