Monday, April 13, 2009

Christmas Stamping all Year Long. Where'd my Mojo go?


Just in case you are wondering why i've been a little scarce, I seemed to have lost my mojo! I thought that I had just set it up on the shelf for a few days, but when I went to use it, it was gone! Life has it's way of taking over and priorities can shift.


It's amazing that one day your head can be overflowing with creative ideas, the next, as barren as the desert! Overall, I just had taken a little break from my Craft Room and the Computer and had very little contact with my Stamping Chicka's!


Luckily as I was just about to have a little nap, I heard the little ringtone of my msn beckoning me. Frances was popping in to say hi. It was nice to chat with her for a bit. I think it is brilliant that the internet has provided us with a forum to establish international relationships. Some of my favourite people that I interact with on a weekly basis, I've never even met. And yes, they make me smile (wink!).


So I was telling Frances that I had lost my oomph for stamping and wasn't quite sure what to do about it. She suggested a few things, but I think that soley through chatting with her, my mojo started to lift a little. Is it possible to absorb creative vibes through osmosis??? lol!

By the time our conversation was through, my mojo was doing a little jig and ready to go.


With that, I created today's project.
I used this sweet little image from The Cat's Pajamas as my centre focal point and loosely followed the sketch designed by our brilliant Maria over at CSAYL . Soft Sky and Chocolate Chip, the main colours with some DP from My Mind's Eye. And of course, the Brown Ribbon. I can't seem to get enough of that! Hope I'm not boring you with the Brown Ribbon thing, but lately it seems to be my first choice. Guess I'm just like the kid that has to have a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich every day for lunch...........well not quite, but I definitely have been favouring it lately! I had it complete and a little something seemed to be missing, thus the snow! If you want to play along, follow the link to CSAYL and as well you can enjoy the other creations that my talented friends have whipped up for you!
I have decided that in order to keep myself motivated to stamp, I have to maintain contact with my network. It's surprising the impact that networking can have on one's motivation. Thanks Frances for helping me get my mojo back! If all the stars are in place, it should be on a full groove very shortly!
Happy Stamping!
*****Vicki~~~~~

14 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Vicki and I don't think you could ever completely lose your mojo!
    you are so talented.
    And I do believe that you can get creative juices by osmosis...that's why I MUST stamp with YOU!
    Love ya
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vicki, love how your card turned out - esp love the rustic colors you've used. Yea, I hate when my mind is dry of ideas, it sucks to have "no mojo" days. Wish these ideas could just keep flowing - but mostly wish there was more time in a day to create, ya know?!

    Aloha,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I'm so glad you found your mojo! Mine left and is slowly coming back...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stunning Vicki!! I'm enjoying seeing your Christmas, but I have to tell you that I'll probably be screaming when you've got a huge collection and I don't!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got your Mojo back glad that Frances helped you out. Super card love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to have you back girl!! Love this card, you make such great ones for the challenges, the recipients of these cards will be so happy when they get it.
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got it back girl - plus some! Great card! Love, love love the colors you picked, and the sketch is fun too! Thanks for sharing, and anytime you need a shoulder or a listener, I'm here too! I agree about the internet network. There are some folks out there that have kept me trying when I've wanted to give it up! Hang in there girl - you are phenomenal, and I love reading your upbeat blog entries! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww I am glad I helped you with your mojo Vicki even if just a tiny weeny bit hehe. By the looks of this card though you didn't need me you did an awesome job ... love love love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well looking at your card, your mojo seem to be in full swing! Not to worry, I go through days when I don't even step into my room ALL DAY! Thank goodness for extra stash cards that I pre-post for the no-mojo days or I would be in trouble. I think we all go through it.

    Want to lay on my stamping therapy couch? LOL! My biggest mojo killer is first, a seriously messy craft room (the bane of my existence), secondly, redundancy. . .the routine thing gets on my nerves, and feeling like my creations are "yuck". I sometimes think. . .arggh, my cards look all the same, just a different image. It depresses me.

    Then. . .there's PMS. Boy, it's a mojo killer for sure in more ways than one. LOL!!

    Well, I love your card. . it's GORGEOUS!! Such BEAUTIFUL colors and the image is fantastic. I love the big bows that you add to your Christmas cards. It really makes it look "wow"!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with next week. Hope your mojo returns back to normal!!

    Take care!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, really love the colors and the ribbon!! I totally understand about the losing your mojo, I to have been there a few time here lately!

    Awesome work again this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful card, Vicki! I should really do the 1 xmas card a week thing. Yeah, that is so NOT me to be prepared! I have to wait until December, then order cards! LOL! My mojo took a leave of absence....And I have of heard quite a few others looking for theirs too. Hmmm...wonder if there is a strike going on?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think you lost your mojo at all! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You definitely found a little mojo -- 'cause this turned out wonderful!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to hear you mojo is back and it definitely is after seeing this beauty. I love what you did with the sketch and the blue and brown color scheme! That deer is absolutely incredible and i love the big satin ribbon. that is wonderufl that you were able to chat with Francis! it is so nice to meet people and get to know them better!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****