Friday, November 21, 2008

Hanna Challenge and Limited Supplies


This weeks Challenge in the Hanna Design forum, was to make a scene.........I was speaking with Diana, this weeks hostess and telling her how excited I was about creating the perfect winter scene. I got my background completed, the Rileys stamped and I began to colour and colour and colour............when I started to put it together several things happened that knocked me back into reality.

1. I had the trifold card heading in the wrong direction
2. Riley would have had to be downhill skiing uphill
3. Sophie did not want to allow me to turn her point shoes
into skates..........
4. a few other things and some choice words later, I gave up and opted for a warmer climate.

Thus we have Hula Luau...........yes, I would LOVE to be doing a dance on a beach somewhere with a HUGE Margarita in hand..............doesn't this card just exhude balmy vibes? lol I can't remember the name of the DP, but I used Pink Passion and Chocolate Chip Cardstock. The Flower is from Queen and Co and of course, I coloured with Copics.





Speaking of warm, how would some nice warm cupcakes grab you???

I created this card for the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Limited Supply Challenge over on Splitcoast. Truth be known, I am not a huge fan of chocolate cake, although I am a sucker for real chocolate............Milk, Dark, plain,,,,,,,,,,laden with nuts and OH, if you ever get a notion to send some my way.............Lindt balls in all flavours or Frozen Wunderbars are a good choice!!!!



I used Basic Grey DP, Chocolate Chip and Creamy Caramel Cardstock for this little creation........and nope, riley wasn't nipping into the rum this morning, although I fear he might have a little fever, considering the depth of pink in his cheeks!!!!! Copics, Glitter, Dew Drops and Felt Ribbon finish him off just fine!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Vicki I love both cards, so so cute, can't go wrong with Hanna or Rileys, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL cards, Vicki!! And I think you should post a pic of your ill-fated Riley scene - LOL!!! You did a wonderful job on both of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid our Riley is a bit of a macho because look at how much he started blushing when he got caught cooking! LOL! ;D Your card looks beautiful, by the way!

    It's always such a nice pleasure to read your messages and see you've stopped by my blog. Thanks for taking the time to do so!

    Have a great weekend!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, I wanna do the Hanna Luao! Yumma! And Hanna is definitely setting the stage for a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, and oh my we be needin' to get us some lindt chocolates while we at CHA!!

    Big hugs, and kiss my sis for me,
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards!! and yes, I wish I could have done the hula on my beach trip but it was too cold!!! BRRRR!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Hanna is enjoying the weather. It's very cold here right now. What a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgot to say Riley looks preety comfortalbe and warm right now too! How 'sweet'!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****