Monday, May 5, 2008

Marvellously Macabre




I have a fascination with Gothic Style and So these Stampotique Images appealed to my eye immediately!!!

As I had indicated in my earlier Post about Stampotique stamps, I was overtaken with glee to see these "beetle juice" type characters in all their glory at the Stampotique Booth in California. Once I mustered up enough nerve and with a lot of cheerleading from my good friend Kristi at Hanna stamps, I spoke to Carol and Jim about doing some design work for them. The lucky stars where shining upon me that day because they said Yes!!!!! And SO, a couple of weeks ago a package of these simply adorable characters arrived at my door. This is Gooseneck. She is just one of the many images available on the Stampotique Website. Go take a look, but be prepared to surf for awhile as there must be well over a thousand images over there! I stamped her on Patterned paper from Basic Grey (stamping on Designer Paper cuts down greatly on your colouring time), which meant that I only had to add a shading of marker to the greens to add dimension and highlights with my white gel pen. The DP in the background of the card is from Rusty Pickle. The sentiment from the elzybell collection. I used Stampin Up! Rub ons to embellish the metal star and some curled wire to ground the sentiment.
I am not the only one who thought these images were absolutely adorable. My New stash of stamps arrived just a day or too before my Victopia weekend. The girls were also very impressed with the images and quality of Rubber.

This card was made by Judy Workman, a fellow member of the Hanna stamps design team.

She used a background of Archaic paper to showcase this multi image friendship card.










Another Cool Creation!! This one is by Kim Pargeter, a dear friend from London Ontario














And last, but certainly not least, Moffia is featured here by friend and card artist Anne-Marie Bouthillette.

All of the girls were very impressed with the quality of the deep etched rubber stamps and I know of at least one who became equally addicted to the art of Daniel Torrente and who should be receiving her own package any time soon!!!!






To have a better look at what Stampotique has to offer, click HERE
Keep watching, I have more ideas to come!

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh................Need! LOL! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to write and post about how w eall loved those stamps, but there you are with my card! Thanks for posting it.

    I have already been to their web site and dreamed about the ones I want for my wish list. Those stamps were too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very "Nightmare before Christmas" meets the Family Adams! Love the cards you've shown, they showcase those stamps beautifully! I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with those unique stamps. Congrats on making design team!

    Cindy Major :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I love them, too - have the paper crafter girl. I've been all over their website but I can't find them anywhere. Are they under some bizarre category? I'm not usually stupid, but I'm feeling that way today. Please help. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****