Monday, August 20, 2007

Life's little inspirations


Where do you get your creative ideas??? Inspiration comes in many forms, just look around you. We can be inspired by the combination of a Sandy Beach set against a Clear Blue Sky, by the palettes that Nature Create (Think of the Thousands of Shades of Maple Leaves as they turn colour in the crisp chilly days of Autumn). You can be inspired by the layout that you see on a Cereal Box or Billboard or by various themes that you can apply to your scrapbook layouts.

Each Saturday Splitcoast Stampers
features an Inspiration Challenge. This card was created for IC 89 which challenged us to design a card with the inspiration item being a bedspread.
After seeing the rich chocolate, pink and olive based hues I immediately thought of the Infuse DP from the Basic Grey Collection. I used the Office Accoutrement Stamp set to create the flower and (I stamped the flower on the back of the patterned paper and used an exacto knife to cut it out). The Whimsical Swirl hails from the Bronc Buster set and the Friend Sentiment can be found in the Multi word Amazing to Zany set.

Stay tuned to my Blog. I plan to post an inspiration challenge soon, with some neat Blog Candy as a Prize.

2 comments:

  1. vicki...this is drop-dead gorgeous! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, this is gorgeous! A beautiful mix of papers and stamping. I love the way you put together all the details with the layout, too. Wonderful work, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****