Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cheery Garden


The sun is shining, the air warm......birds are building their nests and the earth is softening so that our gardens can be tended to. I'm not much of a Gardener, but my Grandmother was. She had a HUGE vegetable garden; beets, beans, carrots, swish chard, radish..........yummy! She lovingly tended her plants in the hot sun in order to bring fresh food to the table! She gave up her vegetable garden around the age of 80 when it became too difficult to manage, however she continued to keep beautiful flower gardens up until she passed away. I miss her a lot and this card made me think of her. This image is from The In the Garden Cute Companions Set available at Paper Romance



I coloured the image in copics and I couldn't resist using just a touch of Sweet Pea Flower Soft
to give some added dimension. The yummy flower and fuzzy brad are also available at Paper Romance. DP is from American Crafts

Happy Stamping!

8 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Vicki! Love the cheery colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colorful! What an awesome card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is gorgeous and wonderful story about your Grandmother, mine was the same way. Me, no GREEN thumb here, I'm lucky to keep the artificial plants alive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeekk!!! I heart this card so much xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had of had the chance to meet your Grandma. I love the touch of flower soft - it just sets the card!
    Luv ya
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, Vicki! Love your awesome coloring!!! Where on earth did you find rubber boots papers???! :o) hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****