Saturday, May 30, 2009

Inspiration Invitation!



My Very Talented Stamping Friend Cindy Major hosts an inspiration challenge each Saturday on her Fabulous Blog! She invited me to play along this week with her challenge Oldies but Goodies!!!

Cindy is an excellent stamper and an amazing Scrapper. If you're looking for Great Scrapbooking Ideas using Stampin' Up! Products, here blog is the one to see. I met her at a Stampin' Girls Convention in Ottawa a few years ago and have been following her blog ever since!  


The challenge: to dust off one of our oldest stamp sets and create a card. I have to say that A Tree for All Seasons is a timeless classic and continues to be one of my favourite sets today still.
Thank goodness that Olidies can still be goodies, cause I find that I dust myself off occasionally!!! What's that Country Song?? There might  be a little dust on the bottle, but don't let them fool ya about what's inside!!! lol.




I went totally Stampin' Up with this card from the DP to the Base colours of Chocolate Chip and Really Rust........... Don't you think Rust is an appropriate colour for an Oldie challenge??? Hmmm now is that Rust on the bottle???  Coloured with Copics, Sponged with Cool Caribbean....the sentiment set is also a retired set called Mixed Messages. The flowers from Prima and Big Brads from Stampin' Up!!

Also Check out Marika's Blog   as she is playing too!

This is my second post for today, so if you are looking for the OCC post, please scroll down. 

Happy Saturday, Happy Stamping!

*****Vicki~~~~~

13 comments:

  1. Oh I think I might have to case this one. I too like this set. It was the first free set I chose with my Sale-a-bration awards!! I love the way you coloured the trees and the backgrounds. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW - Vicki - you picked a wonderful Set for your card!!! I have this one too and still love it :)!!! BTW - your card is absolutely beautiful!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it Vicki ... you sure have been busy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Vicki, I love this set, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, Vicki, I love your card, the colors are so fabby. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Vicki! Wow, I'm caught up with commenting your blog! LOL! Been stinkin busy! ARggh!

    I haven't seen this stamp set for a long time!! Glad to see you brought it back out. . your card is awesome. It makes me want to dig it out from storage and play with it. Your card looks fantastic. . .awesome colors.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! I love the colors and LO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Vicki, love the lo and the pretty colour scheme. Have a wonderful Sunday, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is always so light and happy. Always a pleasure to see. You always sound such a bubbly person too. LOVE that Happy Everything stamp... I neeeeeed one of those .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished browsing through your last 10 posts (I've fallen behind in my blog surfing again!) and enjoyed every moment. Lots of great eye candy and inspiration. Oh, and I think Jon resembles his mom! Don't they grow up so fast?

    I'll check in again soon!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I couldn't wait to get back from Ottawa to see what you had shared for the challenge! You didn't disappoint, my dear! This is just the cutest set and I am amazed at how much dimension you gave those little trees. The trunks seem totally 3D. You're definitely a pro of the coloring, no doubt about it!

    I like how you've paired it with more recent patterned papers for a completely different look. Love the big brad in the flower at the bottom, too!

    Thank you so much for playing along! Josée Smuck says hi back! (And my presentation went very well. Thankfully, since I've made it into the event DVD - which I wasn't told about ahead of time!!)

    Cindy
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I love the warm rich colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****