Tuesday, February 24, 2009




I am very excited to be hosting the Pink Cat Studio Designer Challenge this Month!!! The challenge Takes place over at Paper Craft Planet.

I'll post the details here along with the link so that when you play along, you can upload your creation into the Gallery!!!

Challenge Description

The challenge is to create a ONE Layer Card. One Layer Only!!!!! The only exception to the one layer rule is that you can use some Paper piecing on your stamped image. Other than that, just one piece of cardstock. You can Sponge, Dab and add all the ink and embellishment that suit your fancy as long as you keep it in one layer.


Date the challenge ends:
Wednesday March 11th, 5 pm EST

Requirements:

A Pink Cat Studio stamp must be used as the main stamp on the card or project. It is okay to use stamps from other companies as well.

To be eligible for the prize you must upload your card before the deadline to your PaperCraftPlanet gallery and include the tag PCSDTC2. You may enter only 1 project for this challenge.
If you have questions about this challenge, please post them in this discussion thread.

Prize:
On March 11th, a winner will be chosen by a random draw from all of the challenge participants. The winner will receive a grab bag of Pink Cat Studio stamps. The winner will be announced in the PCP challenge discussion thread and on the Pink Cat Studio blog. Some cards from the challenge will be displayed on the PCS blog.


To achieve the look on my sample, I sponged various colours of ink using masks to block out the areas that I wanted to leave white. I used the eyelet setting portion of my Crop o dile to emboss the dots around the main image. Jellyroll clear glitter pen to add bling to the wings and the only dimension on the card is the Prima Flower and Brad. I am looking forward to you sweet designs!!!!


Happy Stamping~!

*****Vicki~~~~~

23 comments:

  1. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY CUTE! She looks like she is having a blast on her swing! Great minds think alike: I was thinking of doing a similar challenge on my blog! I will have to give this PCS one a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that IS a challenge! I have an idea, now I just have to find time to execute! Thanks, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card and a great idea for the challenge!!! Love your colors! =)
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too adorable, Vicki! Love this sweet little girl...brings back memories of swinging in the big tree swing I had as a kid. Your design layout is perfect for this image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Vicki! This card is fantastic! Never would have guessed it is only one layer! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki, your card is sooo sooo cute. I love the sweet image. Your coloring is awesome!Great job...;-) Big hugs from Silke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Crap - that totally does not look like one layer!!! It's awesome what you can do with sponges and some ink!!!
    She is a cute little sucker too!
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute fairy Vicki! I'm loving this set and it may be on my next "need to have". Great one layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just adorable! I really love your coloring! I think this is my fav little fairy of all! For some reason, I really like white embossed paper...it just looks so cool as a back ground. Thanks soooooo much for commenting on my blog! Gees, I admire your work so much and it really makes my day more than you know!! You are awesome Vickie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!!
    Love it!
    Thank you for this great challenge!!
    I had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Vicki! Wow, you did such an awesome job with the one layer card. I love it. It don't even look like it's a single layer at all!! Love your coloring and all the pretty colors to your card. I still need to make my card. . .I'll work on it today!!

    Thank you for the FABULOUS challenge. I love it!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is seriously wow Vicki, I love your card from when I first see it on the forum. You did such an awesome job with just one layer and it turned out of so pretty, Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous creation!!! Wow, wow, wow! I can't believe this is only a one layer card! I am completely blown away by your talent. I am still deliberating on what I want to do for mine. I will have it done though. One layer cards are the hardest kind for me! I am one layer card crippled!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is so cute and the card is so pretty! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh I likey!!! Your one layer challenge sounds a little less scary then one one I just did LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vicki,

    I was stunned yesterday when I saw this amazing card on the Pink Cat site!!!!

    I love how you did the dry embossing Janna and I were on the phone today (as we are everyday) and I was telling her usually I have an eye to figure things out other people can not see, but I could not figure out how you did the embossing and left the Oval and she said you used your Crop-a-Dile and Big Bite. I do not know why I did not think of that cause I have dry embossed lots with my Crop a Dile but never thought about that being how you did it!!!

    Love your amazing card you did a wonderful job my friend and I am in awe once again!!!!

    Love it!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is AMAZING, Vicki!! It doesn't even look like a one layer card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. THis is so totally adorable Vicki!! Really LOVE your textured dots in the BG!! Very cool!! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is beautiful! I made one too, you can see it on my blog:McCrafty: One layer card

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great challenge, I'm planning on working on mine this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am really going to try to do this challenge. I just received my Enchanted Lily set, which I LOVE.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****