Monday, November 12, 2007

She's Here!!!!! Saving for a Rainy Day!!!!


I am SO excited to be sharing a sneak peek of the latest Hanna-Rain Rain come this way!!!!! This has got to be my FAVOURITE Hanna Yet!!!! Isn't her Umbrella just the sweetest!!!!!

As soon as I set eyes on this set, I knew that I had to make a "Rainy Day" fund Bank. I found this Tin Bank with removable lid at one of my local dollar Stores. The completion of the Bank was actually quite easy. First I cut a piece of DP from the DCWV Glitter Stack and adhered it to the can using Sticky Strip. Sticky Strip is a wonderful adhesive for adhering things to dimensional objects, to heavy items such as metals and wood bits and to ensure that your paper projects wont lift. I also use Sticky Strip when making mini albums or covering composition books.

Once I covered the tin, I also placed a line of Sticky Strip along the top border, then rolled the rim through a pan of microbeads.................another great use for Sticky Strip................gee this is starting to sound like an infomercial for Sticky Strip!!! No, Really, this stuff is great!!!!!!

I stamped the sentiment on a half inch border, sponged celery ink to the edges and wrapped this band around the can as well. I then cut a turquoise strip with one scalloped edge and adhered this strip slightly over top of the celery image.

Hanna was coloured with markers on watercolour paper Click HERE for my own tutorial on watercolouring with Markers. The little flowers on her dress were free handed with Stamp n write markers. I then cut her out and mounted her on the tin with dimensionals.


The finishing touches for this can included punching a hole through the side of the tin with a Crop-a-dile and tying Celery and Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon Through. I freehanded the little Price Tag and added some punched flowers with Rob and Bob Studio Snap Centers. a coordinating hatpin from Making Memories was just the little extra element that this project needed.

What a great place to save your pennies for the latest Hanna Set, which should be released THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!!

Stay Tuned for more Sneak Peeks. I am totally enthralled by this set and am having a hard time putting her down!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed this little project!!!!!!

Follow the Links on the Hanna Stamps Design Team sidebar to see what my fellow DT members have been up to!!!!!! You won't be disappointed.

6 comments:

  1. Great idea. I love it. I love Sticky tape too...:))
    You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is just too wonderful ... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUSH UP!!!!
    Oh my word ... this is truly a faboo idea, Vicki!

    ~Tex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--what a gorgeous little can! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bank is just adorable, love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****