Are you all ready for Easter?
I have some exciting news to share
I was offered a spot on the Technique Junkies Stamps Design Team.
I'm really excited to be a part of the team and hone up on my stamping techniques!!!
TJ stamps has a new monthly challenge commencing this month with the TYE DYE circles challenge. You can find the link to the original tutorial HERE or you can check out all the rules for the challenge and Jeanne's step by step instructions HERE
I was really excited to get my start up package of stamps earlier this week and just knew that the Contemporary Floral background stamp would be perfect for this challenge.
For my Tye dye technique card, I started with Pool Party Ink, then added Dapper Denim and finished up with Elegant Eggplant ink. I used my aquapainter brust to soften out the edges. I then watered down a little eggplant ink to add some splatters to fill in the white space a bit. I thought it needed a touch more, so I added some black and white paint flecks to compliment the white space and to coordinate with the black in the sentiment.
and now...... for the Stamping!!!!!!
I used my MISTI to achieve the effect I wanted with this card.
1. Ink up the Contemporary Fall background stamp in Pool Party and stamp it onto the background.
2. Wait a few minutes to be sure the ink is dry.
3. Clean the stamp and add touches of versamark to the image here and there, making sure not to
cover the entire background.
4. Sprinkle with Silver Embossing Powder and heat.
5. Press the inkpad into the lid to get a small pool of ink.
6. Add a touch of water to thin it out a bit.
7. Take a toothbrush (preferably not the one you are currently using. Ha!) and pick up the ink into the
brush. I like to use another paintbrush handle to tap on the toothbrush handle to release the ink.
8. I used the same process with black and white acrylic paint to splatter.
Lastly, I added in the sentiment. It comes from the Bring your own Sunshine stamp. It is a singular stamp, but again by using the Misti, I was able to only colour on the sentiment portion of the stamp with black marker to capture the sentiment
Click on the TJ badge to get directly to the challenge post.
I also have something SUPER EXCITING to share with all of you!
You can always save 10% on your stamp order by using my coupon code~~~
That's all for today!!!!!
XX's and Oh's